Thursday, April 16, 2009

Moving On Up!

As I was sitting in the Commuter's Lounge yesterday I was thinking about what my Communications adviser said about getting to know people in the Communications department by talking to them and even joining ZTV or WZIP (our school TV and radio station). Well, I had about 30-45 minutes before my next class, so I quickly made my way over to Kolbe Hall and up to the third floor. When I got there, I asked for an application to join in the fall, and this kind older man asked me to sit down on the couch and he began to explain to me what I was needed to do and how to do it to become part of these programs.

Mr. Beck (the nice elder) said that I was required to work 10 hours or more a week and that I had to take training classes Monday through Fridays during the semester. He also said that when/if I start (there's an application process similiar to a job), that I wouldn't be placed in one specific area, rather that I would have to dabble in everything to get general knowledge.
So, I asked if next Tuesday they had any time open, and so on the 21st I get to shadow people for a couple of hours! YAY! Mr. Beck said that I could see what a disc jockey does, or get to see how cameras work, or even watch a taping of something and sit in a meeting.

I love going out and working on my future. It is so easy and it makes me feel accomplished.