Saturday, January 3, 2009

Goodbye, 2008.

Happy 2009!

So we're down in Columbus, and by we I mean all of us Murphy kids. We spent New Year's Eve down here with Danny and Ben in the guys' apartment. It was pretty fun. I drank some energy drink and vodka mixed, but I got a little sick. It didn't help that I got sick from that when it was Megan's birthday! New Years Day we all decided to do the Endless Set List for Rock Band 2 without pausing or stopping the game. It only took 6 to 6 1/2 hours, but it was totally worth it.

Matt's birthday was yesterday too, and we went out to the mall and shopped around after we had lunch with Laurie and Dan. (That hummus sandwich was DELICIOUS!) The amount of children in the mall blew my mind! And the even larger amount of incompetent parents was astonishing. I found myself walking next to kids who drifted off because their mom was still looking at a necklace or scarf, or kids would be roaming aimlessly dressed in short skirts and sunglasses. It was crazy. I also found myself saying excuse me to young teens that would rudely walk in front of me or cut me off. Where did everyone's manners go?! Those people obviously didn't bring them to go to the mall. Ha.

I go back to school on the 12th, which means I have one more week to get in 40 hours of work. It will be nice considering that the past two weeks Megan and I have been trying to fit in as many hours as possible because they've been 3 day weeks. A regular 8 hour day sounds perfect. Once school starts again though, I'll go back to 25 or so hours a week, which will be alright because I have some easy classes, aside from the Quantitative Methods. Ugh, kill me. Other than that, it will be nice to get back into a routine, even if it is school.

I'm having a hard time finishing this post because we're watching Planet Earth, and these caves are so interesting!

Here's to another year, another fresh start.

No comments: