Tuesday, January 27, 2009

5K? Okay.

I found out my Self Defense class was canceled today because my teacher was sick. Dangit! I really wanted to learn some new stuff, so that when Tess gets mad at Megan and tells me to "self defense her", I can do more than one thing. Oh well, maybe I'll go to work a little earlier and get a few more hours in in. Or, I could relax. Hmm, I like that.

So I guess I'm running the 5K on March 8th with Ben, Laurie, and Dan. Ha! I know I complain about it now, but it's really a good thing for me because it's motivation to actually get this "losing weight" thing on the road. I only have 2 days a week at an actual gym, so I'm going to take advantage of that as much as I can, considering it's not really great weather to be running outside in. Last night I went to the Rec and did a straight 3.5 miles on the elliptical. It only took me 40 minutes too. I watched Ellen during then. Tomorrow maybe I'll try the treadmill and get myself ready for the run. I just hope I don't make an ass out of myself in front of everyone, which I guess is more motivation to try harder.

The Australian Open is on now (that's Tennis) and Andy Roddick made it all the way to the semi-finals. Ya, sad that I said "actually". But, if ESPN is correct, he'll be playing Federer next, so I'm thinking this is as far as he's going to go. If Nadal ends up playing Federer in the finals, I really hope he beats him. (As you can tell, I'm not a big Federer fan.) I think Nadal is better on clay courts though, so I hope he can step it up for another title.

Well my Sign Language class is about to start, so I'm off. To Infinity and Beyond!


1 comment:

Dr. Angelone said...

You forgot to mention that it's the Arnold Classic 5k, so you get to run next to a bunch of orange meatheads! Awesome! It's hard to run and point and laugh, but I'm sure you'll manage.