Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It's Official

Obama is doing his inauguration speech today, so it's all over the news. I'm currently sitting in a comfy booth at the Akron Student Union listening to CNN and sometimes peeking out to see what's going on. I'm really glad that he won as President, but I'm still iffy on how Hilary could do as Secretary as State, if she gets it. I don't know too much about either of them as far as their work goes (which is probably sad on my part) but I'm hoping for the best. Let's just hope that no ones tries to assasinate Obama. I really think this change is good, and if some ignorant person with a superiority complex thinks otherwise and acts on it, I'll be pissed. It's not like the state of America could get much worse since Bush has been in, right?

On another thought, I hate politics. With an undying passion. Even throughout history it was ridiculous. What did politics mainly consist of? War. And why did endless amounts of men, women and children die? Because somone had to be stupid and force themselves into places or situations that they didn't need to be in. Need more land? Let's kill people. Think your religion is better? Well then let's slaughter others to get your point across. It blows my mind. Now I'm not saying that those men and women over in Iraq are involved in a stupid charade and are useless, because that's just rude to say. They risk their lives to defend our country, and because of them I can say what I want on this blog. Thank you to them. BUT, I don't believe that the point behind them being there is strong. Why are we there? Because they attacked us and could have weapons of mass destruction. Why do they have them? To scare anyone and everyone to get what they want. Why did they go to that extreme to get what they want? (My point being made here.) Silence. Now I know I'm missing a lot in there, and that also is due to the fact that I also dislike history, but what it all boils down to is the fact that people feel the need to push themselves, their ideals, morals, etc. on others and it gets to the point where innocent people are dying everyday.

One main moral I live by in life can easily be said by a Lord of the Rings character, the Gaffer: "Keep your nose out of trouble, and no trouble'll come to you." It's so easy. Keep to yourself and you'll be fine. Which, I KNOW, goes along with the idea of Ethical Egoism where you get what's best for you, which then causes competition, so friction is INEVITABLE, but isn't it said that the pen is mightier than the sword? Why can't words solve anything anymore?

Ok, my laptop battery is dying, I I end my rant here, even though there is so much more floating through my head.

PS- Don't try using the other Lord of the Rings quote, "There good in this world...and it's worth fighting for." It's pointless because it just pertains to my point in the revious paragraph. :)

No comments: