Sunday, February 15, 2009

Hearts, Stars, and Horseshoes...


First off, Happy Late Valentine's Day, or so I've been informed, S.A.D. Day. (Singles' Awareness Day). You can always count on one depressed loner to bring the rest of America down and believe that February 14th is such a commercial holiday. Thank you, to whoever you are.

I went rock climbing again, only to realize that I REALLY suck. There was one track on the boulder that I couldn't get, and I had about four guys come over and help me out. I kept getting past the tough part where you had to use your arms to hold on and then push off with your feet to get over a small ledge, but I couldn't cross my feet and finish. Grrr. One good thing was that Ian came by and remembered my name. It made it all worth while...until I fell on my ass.


So the other night I went to IHOP with my friends to chill and meet some of her friends, and all of a sudden Jackie gets silent and her face is still. Out of the corner of my eye I see this monstrous person walk past our table and sit in a booth 10 feet away from us. Lo and behold, it's Kosta Koufos. Jackie immediately begins to laugh and she can't stop for about 5 minutes. Aparently he was there with some girl, and when I looked over, his legs reached from one end of the booth table to the other. Ya, sure, he's famous and all and in the NBA (playing for the Utah Jazz), but the kid sounds dumber than a box of rocks. We finally decided not to ask him for an autograph and to just let him eat in peace. (But, Jackie did steal his unused spoon after he left. Oh, good times!) It was cool and all, but not worth it.

Saturday Night Live was pretty cool. I'm not an Alec Baldwin fan at all, so seeing him read straight off the cards made it worse. The Jonas Brothers were the musical guest though, and they even did some skits and the Digital Short, which was hilarious! I am a fan of Kevin myself, and I'm not ashamed to admit that. Tess got me hooked on them, and now I am devoted. Cameron Diaz also came on along with Dan Akroyd, so all in all, it was a good show. Keenan definitely made it awesome.

Well I have to go study for a Social Psychology test tomorrow, because stupid Akron is celebrating Presidents' Day on Tuesday. Ugh, no self defense again!




That's Kevin in the middle, with Nick and Joe on either side of him. I know, I know... Isn't that curly hair amazing?