Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Early Bird Gets Shocked

So I'm doing my regular Tuesday and Thursday routine of sitting in the Student Union at Akron 2 1/2 hours before my only class of the day, and since I had my laptop out, I thought I might as well post a new blog, especially because some mean chick just turned off the TV.

Over the weekend the siblings minus Greg went down to Columbus to visit Matt and Ben and to watch the UFC fight of Penn vs GSP. That was really fun, and I loved that game we played where we had to sing lyrics of songs that had the special word in them. I forget what it was called though... That Saturday I also went running with Ben at the gym, and let me tell you...I am SO out of shape! I was insanely sore, especially after doing all those ab workouts. Oh well, gotta be ready for the 5K! This weekend Matt and Ben are coming up here to Canton for Ben's birthday, which I kinda forgot. Tess asked me if I wished him a Happy Birthday, and I had to text him at like 9 last night. Ha!

Yesterday was also my 1 year anniversary at Emergency Medicine Physicians, so I had my review and got another raise. WHOOO!!!

Oh wow newsflash! This just in: I switched from a table to a booth when the mean girl moved, and I totally shocked myself pulled out the plug of my laptop. That hurt!

Anyway...I was feeling good yesterday when I realized I met two new people at school. I let a guy borrow a pencil in my Social Psych class and left without getting it back. Well, I was rushing to my car to get clothes and change when I hear this "Hey!" He ran up to me, gave it back, and we walked and talked for a while. His name is John and he sits behind me. The other one was in my Quantitative Methods class. I came in late and had to share a computer with this chick. She was really cool, so we worked on our homework together, and I know her name is Pam. I don't know why, but meeting new people just makes Akron feel a bit homier, like how you get to know your way around high school and you see the same people repeatedly, I'm beginning to feel with Akron.

Alright, I should do my homework and will probably surf the internet for a while.