Friday, November 7, 2008

Failure, with a Side of Success

Damnit, I fail. I totally forgot about blogging, and I couldn't even make it two days in a row. But, alas, here I am now, four days later with some new...well, news.


So what's the biggest confidence booster for worrisome first year college students? It's not hard...guess. Ok, here's a hint. It rhymes with schmood schmades. Got it yet?

Yep, good grades indeed. I found out that I got a 94 on my Developmental Psychology paper, a B on my ethics, and somehow I managed to get a 50/50 on my English Journal Entries...? For some reason when I write, I cannot tell you anything analytical, but I can summarize the hell out of it. I can dance around the main point so much without actually saying it. I call it the "Tip of the Tongue" Syndrome for writing. In fact, one of my journal entries was about just that. And I got a 50/50? God, I'm amazing at bullshitting.

You know what I hate most? When a cute guy, say a tall dark-haired one working behind a Starbucks counter, totally gives you looks, and you make eye contact a few times because you both happen to look at each other at the same time, and you kinda think he's cute and maybe there's something...but no, that's it. You take your drink and leave. One last small smile, the head goes down, and you're out the door before you can smack yourself in the head. This has happened so much to me, especially since being in college, that I
know it's going to happen before it does. AND I DON'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT! It's one of those old habits that just become so natural, you do it all the time. I'm slowly dying, I swear.

My goal for the next week or so? To stop, slow down, and make real eye contact. I'll have to let you know later how well that works out for me. Fingers crossed.

1 comment:

matt said...

eyes better be the only thing making contact young lady.