Sunday, November 30, 2008

Fat Lip

SO I finally got my lip pierced! It's all fat and swollen and it REALLY hurts whenever I laugh or smile. I've been eating leftover stuffing and pudding and small things that won't bump the ring, but my lip is too monstrous to NOT bump anything.

Yesterday I met Jackie and we went to Alliance to Bad Boy Tattoo and Piercing. I told her we had an appointment to get my lip pierced and her tattoo fit. (She didn't know she was getting it.) So, when we pulled up, I go, "Oh, by the way, the appointment wasn't for me, it was for you!" She didn't get out of the car for a second or two. It was great. To be honest, I wasn't a great fan of the place or the people. The tattoo place I went to down in Columbus, Stained Skin, was too amazing that anything else seems blah. It sounds like I'm trying to justify it, but I'm serious. The guys were nice, explained how everything was cleaned and set up and the guy who did my tattoo was nice and talked to me the whole time. This guy who did Jackie's was alright, but he didn't explain anything or really have an interest in her or anything.

After she got her tattoo done, the word Faith on her foot, I got my lip pierced. He made me use mouth wash before he did anything, and I kinda sent a stream of it flying across the room. Jackie and I were dying while the guy stood there and was like, What!?
O man, the piercing process hurt more than a tattoo. He used tweezers to hold my lip while drooled like crazy, and then he stuck this huge needle in and left it there for a second. After that, I could feel him pull it out while he pulled the ring in at the same time. Then, he had to use some other tweezers to squeeze the ring together, and he goes, "Sorry if I just pinched you with those." I was like, "You just stuck a needle through my lip. I think you're alright!" Finally, it was all done, and Jackie and I went to get a congratulatory Frosty afterward. Mmmmm. It was so good.

That's it really. I did nothing other than sit around and watch movies today. (Se7en*, part of The Game Plan**, and some of other movies.) I also iced my lip and drooled some more. Ha. Good times.

Peace homes.




*8 out of 10 nods. Maybe 8 1/2. I do love Brad Pitt. "What's in the boooox!?"
** 6 1/2 out of 10 nods. I just love when the Rock sings and plays guitar.


















A quick horrible picture of me and my piercing.

3 comments:

bigbenrichards said...

looks sweet. you gave get smart a more nods than seven. what an outrage, but for real looks good.

Dr. Angelone said...

looks good!

matt said...

looks sweet. Too bad my nipple piercings will show you up at grandma's Christmas party.