Sunday, November 23, 2008

Left in the Dark by Twilight

I never want to go without sleep for 40 hours ever again. It was horrible and I got the biggest headache from it. WHY did I not sleep for 40 hours? Well, let's just go back a few days...

Thursday - I wake up at 5am, the usual. I have to get ready for school and pack to stay the night at my friend Emma's apartment up in Akron. I stay there sometimes because it's nice to save on gas. Anyway, Most of the time I'm there I have to finish my 10-12 page Psychology paper that I put off for most of the semester. I know, I procrastinate too much. Well, I worked on that until about 10pm when we finally leave to go see Twilight back in Canton.
When I got there to get the tickets, say at about 10:30, I found out that people were already piling into the 2 theaters to get seats! So, I skip dinner to save seats, (which were luckily very good seats!), and we are all settled to watch the movie. Before the title even came on, some 13 yr old chick made a very awkward noise that sounded somewhere between a moan and scream. I wanted to die.
The movie itself...was eh. If someone hadn't read the books, it would have been an okay story line. It hit the basic things and got the message through. But, if you HAD read the book, which was about 99.999% of the people in there including me, it was blah. It skipped a WHOLE bunch of the story line, threw in some random fillers to help introduce characters, and didn't portray things the way I'd imagine them. Plus the acting was sub-par. I know, I know...everyone's a critic...but seriously. The facial expressions were weird and definitely not what I thought. But, one thing that I was surprised about was the fact that characters I thought I wouldn't like were the one's I did, and those I thought were cool, were the eh ones. Also, I wore a Team Emmett shirt. :D It was amazing!
All in all, I'd give Twilight a 6 out of 10 nods*. Maybe if I wasn't crying throughout most of the movie from laughing so hard it would have been better. I'll have to see it again...when it hits the dollar theatre...and re-rate it.

After the movie, we got back to Emma's apartment where I realized my reference page didn't save, so I had to redo it. (I wanted to scream). Then I got things settled, finally ate, took a shower...and saw I only had 1 1/2 hrs until I'd have to get up and get ready to leave...so I watched the Office instead. Then school, a drive home in the crappy snow, and finally I worked from 1-8pm. I wanted to die inside. Two energy drinks had to keep me awake because I nearly nodded off while scanning...not cool.

Anyway, that was a really long post about nothing, but I thought I'd share!




*And yes, I gave it that rating. It's my new thing. Anytime I see a movie or show I'll rate it and let you guys know.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, its your loving father here.Try not to go w/out that much sleep anymore. Not good. I get worried bout you sometimes. Especially driving sleep-deprived while snowing. I couldnt stand to lose you.Later

matt said...

hey, it's your loving brother here. i get worried about you sometimes erin, i mean really... always always always... make sure you save your documents before closing them. i couldn't stand to lose one of my unsaved documents.

bigbenrichards said...

hey, it,s your loving brothers best friend here. I get worried about you sometimes erin,i mean really you can't expect a movie to be as good as the book...I didn't no what else to put. I was just trying to follow matts post.

Dr. Angelone said...

your brother and his best friend are jerks.

college isn't for sleeping, it's for rewriting papers and, um, reading.